Besides the capital expenditure on upgrading facilities and replacing equipment, which is incurred continuously, the annual recurring budget of the Hospital is over RO 40 million while the revenue earned is just RO. 1.46 million.
The SENIOR STAFF of the Finance Department include:
Mr. Ali bin Khamis bin Khalfan Al Mooti, Director of Finance
Mr. Ahmed Abdulla Mohd Al Wahaiby, Head, Audit
Mr. Abdulla Mohammed Al Ramdani, Head, Budget & Accounts
Mr. Khalil Ibrahim Al Balushi, Head, Purchasing & Contracts
Mrs. Zayana Bader Al Harthy, Head, Medical Purchase
Mr. Moosa Sulieman Al Hinnai, Head, Revenue & Expenditure
Mr. Khalfan Al Akbari, Cashier In-charge
The department is responsible for:
- The application and implementation of the provisions of the law and financial regulations, financial systems and the law of government tenders, as well as related rules and regulations.
- Preparation of annual budget of the hospital and its financial accounts.
- Preparation and review of bills of exchange for the hospital expenses related to current and capital allocations.
- Data entry of bonds and securities registration in the consolidated financial system of the Ministry of Finance.
- Preparation of cheques for payment of monthly salaries for hospital staff and other receivables to do with payments from the treasury imprest and action settlement.
- Presentation of financial and accounting reports and periodic review to take appropriate decisions.
- Take action to strengthen the budget items and the transfer of funds between these items during the fiscal year.
- Implement the financial procedures of tenders and direct bidding system according to the governmental laws and other financial systems of relationship.
- Take all measures for the provision of goods and services to the hospital in light of the specifications required by the requesting parties.
- Reply to remarks of Internal Audit Department and the financial control of the state on the observations raised during their visit to the Hospital in order to assess the implementation of the administrative and financial work.
- To prepare an annual work plan of priorities for action in circuit implementation and programming throughout the year and report on what has been accomplished and the obstacles to overcome if any.
- Any other financially related tasks.
The Finance Department exercises the above mandate through the following sections:
BUDGET AND ACCOUNTS
- Preparation of annual budget estimates for the hospital (budget revenue and balance of jobs and salaries, and balancing the recurrent and capital expenditure).
- Monitor the implementation of the required works against the budget items.
- Make transfers between budget items.
- Version detects the position of a quarterly budget items.
- Conduct studies on the financial terms of the budget.
- Operational transfers, recording commitment, adherence to relevant regulations.
SECTION OF REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE
- Collection of revenue fees therapeutic services offered to private sector workers and public non-Omanis and non-eligible for free treatment in the light of the list of therapeutic services fees.
- Issuing invoices and receipts for the amounts collected.
- Supply the collected money to the bank and records.
- Preparation of claims by insurance companies with traffic accidents and follow-up.
- The preparation of bills of exchange for the disbursement of creditors who have provided goods and services to the Hospital.
- Payment of staff entitlements (allowances for travel on official business, cash compensation for travel tickets, etc.).
- Preparation of bills of exchange for receivables to agencies that provide government services (telephone, electricity, water, internet, etc.)
- Follow-up vouchers to the Department of Internal Audit and the Finance Ministry to expedite disbursement of dues of creditors.
- Impresent allocations and replenishment.
- Payment of benefits to employees and creditors of the institutions and companies.
- Coordination with the banks to disburse the entitlements of staff.
- Payroll bank account reconciliations.
- Competent authorities for the transfer of revenue amount to the Ministry of Finance, whether monthly or when collected from the (bank interest, treatment fees, hospital rental locations , etc.)
- Appropriate record-keeping and computer systems.
- Preparation of final accounts and the quarterly revenue and the work of the comparison between the estimated and actual revenues.
CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT SECTION
- Take all measures for the provision of goods and services to various sections of the hospital in light of the specifications set by the requesting parties, including but not limited to for clinical supplies, office supplies, computer supplies, educational supplies, furniture and equipment, and other support services such as maintenance, cleaning and security services at the hospital.
- Contracting with institutions and companies to provide services to the hospital (hygiene, nutrition, maintenance, landscaping, transportation, etc.)
- Record-keeping, and computer documentation of financial transactions.
- Issuance of purchase orders and contracts to companies that have been selected to provide goods and services
- Follow-up of the terms of the contract between the hospital and various companies contracted with the Hospital.
- Participation in the preparation of annual procurement plan.
SECTION FOR SALARIES AND BENEFITS
- Preparation of bills of exchange for the disbursement of monthly salaries and wages, including holiday vouchers, deductions for retirement, housing bank, social housing and soft loans.
- Certifying continuity of salary transfers for staff seeking this service.
- Follow-up of changes on a daily and monthly basis with respect to issues relating to staff dues, in coordination with the Ministry and the Department of Internal Audit.
- Preparation of bills of exchange for the disbursement of cash compensation for holidays.
- Preparation of bills of exchange for the disbursement of salaries of temporary employment contracts.
- Appropriate record-keeping and computer systems.